Colorado white water rafting on 5 Colorado Rivers and Arizona’s Salt River. Trips range in duration from one hour to ten days! Trips are close to all major resort areas and Denver’s Front Range.
Best Value in the business!
WILDERNESS AWARE is one of the most experienced rafting companies in Colorado, having had the same ownership for nearly 30 years running. We have an excellent safety record to back up that experience. Ask anyone—WILDERNESS AWARE is known as a quality operation. We have been named “Colorado Recreation and Tourism Company of the Year” and “Colorado Service Company of the Year”!
Here is some of what makes a trip with WILDERNESS AWARE the best value out there:
- Seventeen acre riverside rafting base includes a shady riverside picnic area, on-site river put-in, shady gazebos with piped in music, beautiful spacious reception area, well-stocked retail store, lots of parking, dog kennel, and a commercial kitchen for packing high quality trip meals.
- Convenient location on Highways 24 and 285 at the Arkansas River.
- Free continental breakfast before your trip and free drinks and snacks after your trip.
- 42 inch photo monitors show slide shows of your trip as soon as you return to our office. CDs and prints are created on site for your purchase.
- Immaculately maintained river rafting equipment, biking equipment and vehicles. You can trust that our vehicles will get you to and from the river efficiently, our rafts will always hold air, and our bikes will be in good working order.
- The most extensive guide training program in the industry. Staff quality, expertise and personability are our top priority.
- Solar and wind power generate a significant portion of our electricity. We’re industry leaders in going green!
- Purpose-built washing facility and drying room ensures that your lifejacket, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit and booties are clean and odor-free.
- Delicious meals prepared fresh at riverside. No waiting in the sun for a heavy, cooked lunch.
- Elaborate dinners and breakfasts cooked fresh at your camp on multiday trips, with coffee delivered to your tent in the morning! We have sturdy rain/sun shelters, comfortable camp chairs, and quality tents in excellent condition. We’ve been running high quality multi-day trips for longer than most companies have been in business!
- Our unique Inn to Inn rafting trips substitute deluxe bed and breakfast inns instead of camping for the highest quality multi-day rafting experience available anywhere. Only WILDERNESS AWARE rafts Inn to Inn.
- Our Splash and Dash trips allow kids too young for the big whitewater to get a taste of whitewater rafting with their families on milder stretches before the adults go on to the larger rapids, so the whole family can raft!
- Post trip customer comment cards help keep us improving our services constantly. We care what you think!
- WILDERNESS AWARE offers whitewater rafting trips from one half day up to five days long on five rivers in Colorado: Arkansas River Rafting Trips, Colorado River, Dolores River, Gunnison Gorge, and Northgate Canyon on the North Platte River; and on the Salt River in Arizona.
- WILDERNESS AWARE/COLORADO ADVENTURES also offers mountain bike trips, jeep trips, and horseback riding trips. One-stop shopping for your convenience.